American high schools have to cover Great Gatsby as part of their curriculum. Therefore, the probability of being tasked with a Great Gatsby essay is always high. For you to write an A-grade essay, you need excellent great gatsby essay topics. Getting these can be difficult or time-consuming for some people, so they choose to buy coursework online to make their work easier.
The Great Gatsby novel has, for years, remained famous among readers, literature majors, and professors for its resonance and the compelling subjects it encompasses. Due to its controversial and resonance nature, students find the Novel a perfect literature peace for literary essays.
Fitzgerald penned the Great Gatsby novel in the 1920s, where he focused on the American dream while showcasing their trickery-nature and untrustworthiness. F. Scott Fitzgerald, in the Novel, writes of a young millionaire who was obsessed with love for a beautiful woman. The Novel, therefore, brings forth themes like idealism, moral weakness and strength, and love.
50 + Great Gatsby Essay Topics With Tips On How To Choose One
- Compare and contrast Nick and Gatsby
- Was there a love relationship between Gatsby and Daisy
- Discuss the concept of lies in the Novel. Why do character deceive each other
- Describe the relationship of the sexes in the Novel and how different class treat each other
- How will Nick’s future life become based on your imagination
- How can you respond to Fitzgerald representation of the society
- Derive an alternative ending for the Novel and give reasons for your choice
- Do we consider Nick Carraway as an impartial narrator
- How does the author connect the concepts of wealth and education
- Compare the relationship of people who are born rich to who became rich in the Novel
- Define forgiveness and compassion in the Novel
- Define the concept of modernism in the Great Gatsby
- What is the meaning of time in the Novel
- Mention the part alcohol comes in the play
- What is the symbolic meaning of the valley of ashes
- Describe the hidden meaning of the Novel’s title
- What role do New York settings play in the storyline
- Describe the contribution of the secondary characters in the play
- Mention the central themes in the Novel
- What are the functions of money in the play
- Mention the character traits the author conveys in Daisy’s character
- What is the importance of the female characters in the Novel
- How does Fitzgerald use imagery to express his ideas
- What is the symbolic meaning of Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- How does the author convey a notion of the American dream through symbols and metaphors
- What does the green light in Daisy’s window represent
- How does the author able to align the storyline and symbolism used in the narration
- Should we consider the ending to be unexpectable
- What part does Nick play in the story
- Define the representation of the rich in the Novel
- Define the representation of the poor in the story
- Compare and contrast the main female characters in the Novel
- Compare and contrast the main male characters in the Novel
- Who are your most favourable characters in the book
- Who are your least favourable characters in the book
- Define the role of the invisible middle class
- Describe the of social injustice in the Novel
- Mention the names which can be considered happy
- Mention the loneliest character in the story and prove your point
- Is Nick a part of the rich people, poor people, or middle-class people in society?
- Describe the representation of money and its influence in the book
- How does Nick Carraway go through any changes in the course of the Novel
- Mention a morally ambiguous character and analyse it
- Define the concept of disillusionment in the Great Gatsby
- Define the concept of broken hopes in the Novel
- What is the meaning of ‘Great’ in the title of the Novel
- Who is the real hero of the Novel
- How does the storyline explain about the American identity
- Should we consider Gatsby a romantic hero or a villain?
- How can we consider the satirical representation of the society
- Mention the significance of Jazz Epoch setting in the Novel
- Does Gatsby live in the past or present
- How is the behaviour of the rich in the Novel
- What part does sex play in the narration
Tips On How To Choose Great Gatsby Essay Topics
When asked to write an essay on the Great Gatsby novel, many students experience hardships identifying an ideal topic, more so when at liberty to choose a topic on their own. Many students are aware of brainstorming, narrowing, and examining the topic’s engagement tips for selecting a topic. They should also be aware that there are writing services available to help alleviate the hardships of identifying a topic. Nonetheless, other Great Gatsby Essay topic ideas will work for you but require you to thoughtfully and thoroughly read and analyze the Novel. Below are great gatsby essay topics and tips on how to choose one.
- Examine symbolism
- Points of view
- The story in the first person
- How does the novel relate to the African dream?
- Focus on different characters
Fitzgerald uses the symbolism theme in his Novel, and you should always consider writing an essay analyzing the symbolism. The symbolism of Dr. T.J Eckleburg’s eyes is an excellent example of the article’s symbolism theme. The eyes are painted in a billboard that’s faded without any other body part whatsoever. Therefore, you need to consider examining what the eyes painted on the faded billboard symbolized in the 1920s.
The author of the Novel chooses and uses different colors thoughtfully. Every color that appears in the Novel represents something. Therefore, ensure to choose a color between grey, yellow, and green. Have your essay focus on the use of color and what each color symbolized.
Points Of View
In the Novel, Fitzgerald portrays three grand points of view in the literary realm. The Novel has narrations from the first, second, and third-person angles. Therefore, you can discuss the different points of view while showcasing the literal criticism as showcased by the Novel. The Novel is full of examples backing the points of view and literal criticism.
Why is Nick Narrating The Story And Not Gatsby?
The Novel is all about Gatsby, and instead of him narrating the story, Nick gets to tell. Therefore, you need to understand why Nick gets to tell the tale while mystifying Gatsby the more.
The Story Is In The First-Person
What would have happened if the story was narrated in the third-person? The Novel and story are all about the words of Nick about Gatsby. When focusing on the story setting, you need to ask yourself, is Nick even telling the truth or is doctoring information about Gatsby.
How Does The Novel Relate To The American Dream?
You need to consider a theme or a topic that helps you show the relationship between the book and the American dream. Your essay must, therefore, help you showcase how the Americans raised from grass to grace. You need to focus on Gatsby and Daisy and their connection to the American dream.
Focus On Different Characters
The book has so many characters that you can analyze. The figures relate differently, and examining their relations helps you write a great essay on Great Gatsby. Characters to focus on are Daisy, Gatsby, Nick, Myrtle, and Tom. You can decide to examine the character at individual levels or their relations.
Tips On How To Write A Great Gatsby Essay
Identify Your Topic
It would be best if you read through the Novel attentively while taking notes. The notes will help you identify areas that you can focus on. You are to use the above guidelines to identify ideal great gatsby essay topics. With a perfect subject, you should consider jotting down supporting pieces of evidence for your essay. You must, therefore, read the book without hastiness and distractions.
Organize Your Ideas
You must develop an outline. The framework helps you organize your ideas and thoughts before writing. Your essay should have an introduction that helps present the primary purpose of your paper. The second part of your article is the body which comprises three paragraphs, with each showcasing a supporting idea to your main point. Your article is to have a conclusion that culminates the entire paper.
Transfer Your Thoughts Into Writing
With a clearly defined outline, you should consider writing your essay. Write from a peaceful environment to avoid distractions. Once you have finished writing the first draft, consider proofreading while highlighting and correcting all the mistakes.
The Great Gatsby novel is a book that needs a high level of keenness to understand and analyze. Therefore, ensure to read again and again until you know all the concepts. The above guidelines will help you identify the best great gatsby essay topics and simplify your essay writing tasks.
What is the main topic of Great Gatsby?
The main topics include; money, death, and the American dream.
How does Gatsby represent American dream?
Gatsby does represent the American dream because he came from nothing into wealth, power, and privilege
What is the American dream in the Great Gatsby essay?
When you have money, material items like cars, nice clothes, and a happy family.